White Oaks at Heritage Woods of Huntley and Heritage Woods of McHenry have been cited as being among the best memory care communities in the Crystal Lake, Illinois area by MemoryCare.com.
The mission of MemoryCare.com is to help families and caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of cognitive impairment find the support and help their loved ones need. Communities such as White Oaks and Huntley and White Oaks of McHenry that have specialized memory care programs often can be a great option.
To select the communities that are designated as the Best in Memory Care, the team at MemoryCare.com considered such factors as . . .
– Proximity to health care services.
– The ratio of staff to residents.
– The number of staff members who have received specialized dementia training.
– Features that provide an environment where the risk of falls and wandering are reduced as much as possible.
– The availability of social activities specifically designed for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia.
– The availability of secure outdoor space for residents to enjoy.
– The reviews of families of residents.
Both White Oaks of Huntley and White Oaks at McHenry are specially designed for residents with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia. The apartments are configured in small neighborhoods and feature private bathrooms with shower and grab bars. There are plenty of community areas available along with secure outdoor patio and walking paths.
Staff has been trained in how to approach, community with, and engage residents in individual and group activities.
At White Oaks, our approach is to provide each resident with the opportunity to maintain a sense of purpose in all seasons of dementia and to focus on abilities rather than limitations.
For more information on White Oaks of Huntley, click here.
For more information on White Oaks of McHenry, click here.