We provide personal attention, award-winning care and cultivate engaging activities to give residents a vibrant and active lifestyle
Award Winning Care
Activities & The Garden
Meals & Nutrition
Bingo! The Fun Awaits
Come Meet Our Residents
Focus on Love, Compassion & Dignity
Gull Creek is dedicated to providing residents with a
creative and active lifestyle to enhance independence and quality of life.
See what others have to say about our award winning care.
Gull Creek in the City of
Gull Creek is an assisted living, memory care & short term stay community in Worcester County where a vibrant lifestyle awaits
- Close to shopping and superior personal and medical care.
- Vibrant cultural attractions like the Berlin Murals, restaurants, breweries, live music, art, the Mermaid Museum. Beautiful beaches and state parks, including Assateague Island and its famous wild ponies.
- Coastal Style Magazine named Gull Creek the top Worcester County assisted living provider in 2022, and The Metropolitan Magazine ranked Gull Creek as the top assisted living community from Berlin to Ocean City last year.
Visit Gull Creek Senior Living today. Call 410-641-3171
Gull Creek is a Superior Choice for Senior Living
Gull Creek provides a wonderful residential alternative to a nursing home or to struggling alone at home.
At Gull Creek, residents:
- Live in privacy, conveniently designed for senior living.
- Receive personal assistance and help with medications. Certified staff are on duty 24/7. Support services, such as three daily meals, housekeeping and laundry are included.
- Enjoy the companionship of friends and neighbors.
- Have access to culture, exercise, learning, as well as creative life-enhancing activities.
A full array of amenities and helpful services that provide fulfilling and quality daily life.
Finding Calm and Normalcy Amongst COVID-19 Changes
Who would have thought back then that we would still be under the same restrictions, if not a bit more, by June? Shortly after March 17, Gull Creek’s Resident Services Coordinator, Shannon, was setting up TEAMS calls with resident family members. We knew this service would be a necessity for some residents who see their loved ones daily.