Reclaiming Our Home
June 22, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members, & Friends,
First off, we want to thank you for all of your continued support as we navigate through these unprecedented times. As our state is working to progress through the phases of re-opening, we wanted to use this as an opportunity to offer you an update in respect to our thoughtful, intentional plan for a safe re-opening which we have titled Project Reclaiming Our Home.
Our top priority is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our residents and employees. Decisions to relax any enhanced infection prevention and control measures, such as visitation, will be made after careful review of risk in our Community, cases in the greater community, along with any state orders. Additionally, decisions shall be made in collaboration with our local health department, state health department, and with guidance set forth by public health authorities. Please be aware that it would be inappropriate for our Community to follow guidelines established for the general public, given the high- risk nature of our resident population, and we will always keep our promise to you to keep the well-being of our residents as our priority.
We understand that each of you are anxious to return to previous dining, activities, visiting, outings, and the other amenities that you are accustomed to. We want to offer assurance that we are doing all that we can to arrive at this ‘destination’ as soon as possible. As part of our Project Reclaiming Our Home initiatives, we would like to review with you our promise to you.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- We will endeavor to be a leader in our industry in preventing the spread of illness.
- We will be transparent with both our residents and our employees by disclosing all cases of COVID-19.You can view updates on our website, and will receive individual communication upon new incidents of COVID-19.
- We will only impose restrictions as long as necessary, and will endeavor to carefully balance the negative impacts of any restrictions, such as the emotional toll and isolation against the health benefits of infection control precautions in this vulnerable resident population.
- We will screen all employees at the beginning of each shift.We will require all employees to wear masks while in the Community, per CDC guidelines, and until further notice. Additionally, staff are expected to engage in hand hygiene frequently, including at key moments.
- We will endeavor to create policies and procedures to ensure that all communal areas, including seating options and elevator occupancy, allow our residents to comply with physical distancing guidelines.
- We will take all reasonable steps to provide hand sanitizer or hand washing stations to all residents and employees throughout the Community, and eventually to our visitors.The Community’s hand hygiene products will be NSF-certified, FDA food code compliant and meet the CDC-recommended guideline of 60% alcohol.
- We will clean and disinfect or sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
- We will work with suppliers, including food and cleaning product vendors, who are proactively following CDC guidelines and aligning themselves with current best practices.
YOUR PROMISE TO US
In order for the Reclaiming Our Home plan to be successful, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we rely heavily on our residents and their loved ones to partner with us. Each of our residents has made a Promise to do what they can to keep our entire community safe. We ask that the families, loved ones, and friends of our residents similarly commit to do what they can to support our residents and employees:
- Mask use when around others (including employees, visitors, and residents).We understand that Memory Care residents may have special accommodations.
- Frequent hand hygiene, including at key moments.
- Maintain a safe distance, of approximately 6 feet, when near residents, visitors, or staff.
- Residents and their loved ones promise to adhere to the Reclaiming Our Home schedule and guidelines that have been provided to you.If you have any questions about the Reclaiming Our Home schedule or guidelines, you’ll notify Community management immediately. The Reclaiming Our Home calendar can be found on our website, and will be provided to each resident weekly.
- When a resident is away from the Community, and with consideration for those who share the Community with them, each resident will follow required infection control precautions including wearing of a mask, performing frequent hand hygiene, and maintaining 6-foot physical distancing from other persons.When a family member or friend is with one of our residents, they promise to follow the same precautions, out of concern and regard for all residents in our community.
We will keep you abreast of any updates specific to Project Reclaiming Our Home. You can view the website for updates, and residents will receive specific weekly reports delivered to their apartment. If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please let me know. Thank you all for your commitment to our community. We cannot go on this journey without you.