In September, we celebrated National Assisted Living Week, and our staff and residents had a lot of fun.
– Sunday was Grandparents Day. We started our celebration with karaoke and there was a lot of dancing and singing.
– Monday was Opposite Day. Our dietary team served lunch for breakfast. That was a little confusing for some, but it was so much fun – not to mention delicious. Elvis also performed that day.
– Tuesday was Throwback Day. We hosted a sock hop, scooped up root beer floats and served up pizza and milkshakes during Family Night. We even had a character artist come in to draw pictures of Cedar Grove residents.
– Wednesday was Red, White, and Blue Day. Uncle Sam passed out red, white and blue Popsicles.
– During Thirsty Thursday, residents enjoyed a coffee bar all day long, along with a poetry reading and pottery painting.
– Friday was Carnival Day. We enjoyed games, food and prizes. That afternoon, we painted clowns on canvases.
Throughout the week, we were very busy, but it was a lot of fun and an unforgettable experience. We cannot wait to see what October has in store for us.
Waneda Shafer contributed to this story.