This month, we want to give you a recipe from Dorothy Vecera, a resident at our community.
The recipe is called Dorothy’s Delish Dish. Dorothy said that it is called Delish Dish because it is just that “delicious!”
This recipe is special to her, and she wanted to share it with us all. Dorothy recalled making this dish for the first time, and all of them fell in love with it. That meant a lot, Dorothy says, because her family never holds back.
Although it takes time to prepare, it’s definitely worth it, Dorothy promises. It’s also a perfect dish to prepare for company.
Here’s all you need to know to prepare Dorothy’s Delish Dish. Enjoy!
- Grab a good-sized skillet with a lid
- Use at least 2/4th cup of grease from either pork chops, sausage, ham and or bacon grease.
- Add ½ stick of butter, starting at low heat and then add ½ cup of diced green peppers. Sauté until tender. (This should take approximately 10 minutes, then add salt and pepper to the green peppers.)
- Add 1 can of corn (drained)
- Add 1 large can diced tomatoes
- Add ½ cup of water
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar and 3 dried peppers
- Spray bottom and sides of large pan, then pour in ½ of the above
- Sprinkle ¾ cup of rice (raw)
- Add half of a large can of Fried French Onions
- Add remaining ingredients again, and then sprinkle the rest of the French onions on top
- Cover with foil (Make sure liquid touches rice.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour